I’ve been corresponding with a friend regarding the nature of God. I ended my last post saying there are some questions that I am not sure we have clear answers to. Since you are a bunch of smart people, thought I’d see if anyone had a persuasive argument for the answer to any of these questions being fixed in our theology. I don’t think they are.
1. The Divinity of Jesus Christ- Is he a God exatly like Heavenly Father is, or is he divinely invested with Authority by the Father? Â What are the implications of this on our understanding of the atonement?
2. The Existance of a Heavenly Mother- Do you believe or not believe in her? If she is existant, is it like J. Stapley believes and she is not equal to the Father? What does her existance imply?
3. Is there a Father of Heavenly Father? What does that mean?
4. If God was once a man like we are now, but was also always God, are we also always God?
5. What does it mean to be the Most High God? Is it just smarter than the smarties?
6. What does it mean to be an eternal being? Are we Eternal in the sense that we have always been conscious?