1. White shirts are cheaper than colored shirts, and thus more universally accessible
2. White shirts are easier to clean and maintain than colored shirts (just use bleach), so last longer and are therefore cheaper. They don’t fade. (They do become threadbare, but this is different)
3. White shirts go with any tie/suit/pants/shoes/belt.
4. A clean white shirt of any type (T-shirts in the Philippines) still can have a formal look to it in the right context.
5. Gandalf was more awesome when he wore white.
6. James Dean wore a white shirt.
7. Han Solo is more awesome than Luke Skywalker and he wore white shirts.
In all seriousness, if you are trying to be pseudo-rebellious by wearing a colored shirt to church, but are still wearing a tie, you are a schmuck. I’m not saying you can’t wear a colored shirt, as I don’t really care what color your shirt is, but if you think there is some sort of anti-establishment message there, you’ve got addled brains or are 12 (Is there a difference?) Did I really say “In all seriousness”?
That is all.