Are there things which you believe which sound crazy even to you, and yet you continue to believe them. Are there things that you believe that you’d never share with someone else because you think they’d think you are crazy?
Here are some crazy things I believe:
- I believe that Jesus’ suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane may be connected to his taking omniscience upon himself, and thus feeling what Heavenly Father always feels.
- I believe that some day the temple ceremony is going to change and be very different than what it is like today, including allowing entrance to non-members for their children’s sealings.
- I believe that the future doesn’t exist, but God knows it anyway.
- I believe in determinism and free-will being compatible (only sometimes, usually on tuesdays)
- I believe there are as many degrees of glory as individual people, and the 3 degrees are mainly symbolic/generic in nature
- I believe that we suffered pre-mortally due to deficiencies that required this life
- I believe God doesn’t interact with us more directly because it would damage us if he did
- I believe polygamy will not be practiced eternally, and may have been merely a form of theolgocial collateral damage in order to bring about sealings as they are practiced now
- I believe that sealings are mainly about human interdependence
- I believe what many think of as romantic Love is just a chemical reactionÂ
- I believe most of the time God is limited to what’s available at the time in terms of calling people, etc.
- I believe the Prophet does have a batphone to God, or atleast a spider-sense to Him or something. He definitely has something I don’t have, or is better at using it, at any rate.
- I believe that things that we do that are not for either survival or procreation (like art) are probably the closest we can get to seeing our true eternal selves.Â
- I believe in evolution and I believe there is absolutely nothing heretical about that
- I believe Padre Pio wasn’t lying about the stigmata
- I sometimes believe the Holy Ghost may be a calling and not an individual (like Elias)
- I believe animals have free-will, but there is some fundamental difference between them and human spirits, like we talk about with Gender sometimes.
- I believe more orange juice helps everything