Well things have slowed down here at the Thang a bit this month. For the first 28 days of June we only managed to come up with 5 posts between the two of us. It might be a slow down due to the blog muse avoiding the heat of the Arizona summer or that we are simply experiencing a little blog burnout. Whatever the case — the Thang has hit a slow patch.
It’s not like I don’t have plans… Here are some of the posts I hope to get around to:
• Finish my Ostler reading series. I have posted on more than half of Blake’s excellent 2nd book but still need to cover chapters 6, 8, 9, 10, and 11.
• Continue my McMurrin reading series. I only made it a few chapters in on this book before getting distracted. But it is worth finishing.
• Finish my “Feed My Sheep” mini-series. I like this idea but the series hasn’t been that popular so I got distracted.
• Review Jacob’s recent article in Dialogue on the Atonement. In the article Jacob moves in the fruitful direction Blake went and I want to post on that.
• Continue my Covey “7 Habits” reading series. This book/model is worth looking at in some detail I think.
• Post on more Sunday School lessons and RS/PH lessons (mostly from the Wilford Woodruff manual I suspect). I think these can be pretty fun discussions and can be useful on a practical level as well.
The other thing I’d like to do is start a Thang podcast. I like the idea of podcasting on any of the above topics. I think podcasts could be more spontaneous than written blogs, could allow for some good interviews, and might be interesting to a completely different set of people. But getting going on that requires more energy than I’ve been able to muster so far.
Since I and Kristen have lacked motivation, this post is a call for requests. Are there subjects or issues you have been hoping would come up at the Thang or in the ‘nacle in general that don’t come around enough for you tastes? If so, make your requests here in this thread! What do you want to talk about?
[Associated radio.blog song: Basement Jaxx - Where's Your Head At?]